The NHRHTA has published the following items on the Northern Canal Line:
To see what books we currently have in print, see our publications sale page. To order books, please print our order form.
Includes a 1956 map of Holyoke, MA. 1 page.
To see what Shoreliner® back issues we currently have in print, see our publications sale page. To order back issues, please print our order form.
- Volume 19 Issue 4 1988
- "Trolley Stop: Trolley Freight and Express in Southern New England -- Trollwy Express and Freight in Western Massachusetts" -- The history of trolley freight and express in the Connecticut River valley and on the Berkshire Street Railway. 8 pages with maps and photos.
- Volume 20 Issue 2 1989
- "North Of Northampton" -- The history of the New Haven's lines above Northampton to Williamsburgh, Shelburne Falls and Turners Falls, as well as some of the local trolley lines. 14 pages with photos and maps.
- Volume 21 Issue 1 1990
- "More North of Northampton" -- Additional information on the New Haven lines above Northampton, MA. 3 pages with photos and map.
- Volume 23 Issue 1 1992
- "Both Engines Digging In!" -- June 1940 photo of two J-class Mikados straining with a Canal line freight at New Britain, CT. The Canal line freights ran Cedar Hill to North Haven Junction, to Berlin Junction, to New Britain, to Plainville and then north on the Canal line. 1 page.
- Volume 23 Issue 3 1992
- "Conway Trestle" -- Follow-up to "North of Northampton", featuring a rare photo of the New Haven trestle at Conway, MA. 1 page.
- Volume 31 Issue 1
- "Fall Foliage on the Canal Line" -- The story of steam-powered fall foliage excurisons on the Canal Line run in the mid-late 1940s. 12 pages with many photos, including the inside front and rear covers.