The NHRHTA has published the following items on the Worcester area:
To see what books we currently have in print, see our publications sale page. To order books, please print our order form.
Includes a 1956 map and a photo of the Worcester round house. 2 pages.
To see what Shoreliner® back issues we currently have in print, see our publications sale page. To order back issues, please print our order form.
- Volume 4 Issue 4 (Fall) 1973
- "Norwich and Worcester Branch Operations" -- Discusses the history of New Haven freight and passenger operations. 4 pages with photos.
- Volume 6 Issue 3 (Summer) 1975
- "The Railroad Stations of Worcester" -- The history of the various stations which served Worcester, MA, culminating in Union Station. 6 pages with photos (including front cover) and diagram.
- Volume 12 Issue 2 1981
- Front cover photo of Y-3 #3414 on the Norwich & Worcester at Worcester, MA, on June 23, 1950.
- Volume 14 Issue 2 1983
- Color centerspread of General Electric's 'More Power to America Special' at Worcester, MA, in 1950.
- Volume 19 Issue 1 1988
- "The Circus Comes to Town" -- Photo story of the Ringling Brothers, and Barnum & Bailey circus transported via the New Haven and the Boston & Maine between New York City and the Boston Garden at North Station, circa 1938. New Haven photos are in the Auburn - South Worcester area. 6 pages with photos.
- Volume 19 Issue 2 1988
- "Trolley Stop: Trolley Freight and Express in Southern New England -- Eastern Massachusetts" -- Includes service on the Boston Elevated Railway and the Boston & Worcester Street Railway. Included is a short discussion of the 1919 molasses disaster in Boston. 4 pages with photos, map, route list and roster.
- Volume 20 Issue 3 1990
- "Trolley Stop: Trolley Freight and Express in Southern New England -- Central Massachusetts" -- The story of trolley freight operation on the Worcester Consolidated Street Railway. 5 pages with photos.
- Volume 22 Issue 2 1991
- "Riding the Rails in a Diesel Engine on the Worcester to New Haven Run" -- Reprint of a Worcester Sunday Telegram Feature Parade article from May 30, 1948, about the new Alco FA/FB 0400s replacing steam on the New Haven. 4 pages with photos.
- Volume 23 Issue 3 1992
- "Union Station, Worcester -- Saved?" Reprint from the January 22nd, 1993 edition of the Worcester Telegram & Gazette on efforts to restore the historic station. 2 pages.
- Volume 26 Issue 1 1995
- Two B/W photos of New Haven sign advertisements on bridges, one in Worcester and the other in Uxbridge.
- Volume 32 Issue 3
- "Pullman-Bradley Lightweights" -- Detailed history of the New Haven's lightweight passenger car fleet built in the 1930s in Worcester, MA. 34 pages with diagrams, roster, advertising, paint schemes and photos, some in color.
- Volume 38 Issue 2
- "Signal Towers" -- Jack Swanberg presents a photo feature of New Haven signal towers, featuring photos by Tom Donahue and captions by Peter E. Lynch. Most towers shown are from the Shore Line between New Rochelle, NY, and Boston, plus S.S. E-274 in Springfield, and M-333 Jackson Street and M-334 Franklin Street in Worcester. 8 pages with all color photos.
- Volume 38 Issue 4
- "Providence - Worcester Local Passenger Service" -- A summary of local passenger operations on the P&W route via Blackstone through 1956, when service ended. The article makes particular note of the use of Mack FCD railbuses during the last years of operation. 4 pages with photos, including one color.
- Volume 40 Issue 3
- "New Haven's Worcester Gateway and the Railroads of Worcester Part 1" -- A detailed history of the railroads and their facilities in Worcester from the 1800s into the 1950s, with particular focus on the New Haven. 46 pages with photos and maps, including front and back covers.